Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camp Herrlich Reunion, -6 days

Greetings:

Well, we've finally made it to the last week before the reunion! Less than a week to go! This sure has been a long time coming! This will probably be my last post before the reunion. Our nation's current economic situation has wrecked havoc on the auto industry. Thankfully, General Motors has seen fit to lay us off for the upcoming week, allowing me the opportunity to drive down to North Carolina to visit my parents and take care of some of their business matters before heading to the reunion. Since I have not yet been able to bring myself to make a decision on which laptop to purchase, I will be pretty much offline once I leave home on Monday. So, if you have any last minute questions for me, please get them to me right away. If you must reach me after Monday, my cell phone number is: 405-413-1634. Please bear with me on this, I'm an old guy and new to cells, I have some real issues attempting to retreive messages and I just don't understand texting. So if you don't actually get to talk to me, your best bet is to call back.

At this point, we have eight people meeting for the pre-reunion dinner at the McCarthy Family Eatery located at 347 Route 52 in Carmel. It's right across the road from the old lumber yard. I suggest using one of the computer mapping services to get driving directions. If all else fails, their phone number is 845-225-6012. There's plenty of room if anyone else would like to join us. Oh, before I forget, I'm planning on arriving early, about 5pm so that those who need to can still get over to the camp and get settled before dark.

I am happy to announce that Pastor Wiker has agreed to lead our Sunday service up at the Chapel, weather permitting.

I trust that I don't need to tell anyone what they need to bring for a weekend at camp but, I must say, don't forget your flashlight. And, please bring your Herrlich pictures. If you have a recent photo for the memory book bring it along.

To those of you who are not attending the reunion, you will be missed and I guarantee that you will be in our thoughts. If your situation has changed and you can get there, please do so. I can assure you that no one will be upset. Otherwise, expect to hear from me in post-reunion blogs and as we work on putting together the memory book.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped make this reunion a success. That goes for those who helped plan, as well as, those who asked the tough questions that helped us cover all the stuff we might have missed otherwise. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you. Please forgive me if I forget to thank you in person.

Please drive safely and I'll see you all next weekend!

Peace, Love,

Big Jim

No comments: